Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable add card button on certain lists

Carla Ruhl August 12, 2020

I want all cards to be created in a particular list, so these are reviewed before changing list (status).  It would be helpful to avoid creating a card in any list other than the one particular list.
Can the button "add card" at the bottom of a list be disabled?

2 answers

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2020

Slightly modified from Raegan's answer. As I'm guessing creating from templates is seen as just making a copy by Butler.

When a card without the <exception1> label and without the <exception2> label is added to a board, move the card to the top of list "One Particular List"

You can also use a chrome extension to overwrite the css, though you'd need to enforce it on all the team members. Only recently found out that Pro for Trello extension has this option, but I've been using the more generic StyleBot to mess with the css so far. Its not watertight as, if you go first enter the board via a card url it won't kick in, only when you enter via the board url or refresh while on the board.

Haven't tested (just messing with Chrome Inspect tool) but this should work maybe?
.card-composer-container{  display: none }

Carla Ruhl August 14, 2020

thx for the information.
I'm going to just "live with it".

Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2020

First part of the answer still stands of course, the chrome extension stuff was just extra

0 votes
Raegan Fordemwalt August 12, 2020

when a card is created in the board, move the card to the top of list "One Particular List"

This will move any card not created in the list you want to the other list

Carla Ruhl August 12, 2020

The "create" does not work with cards created from templates, which is what I want to enforce.
Also, I already have rules that when cards are added with certain "tags", these are moved to certain lists.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events