Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom fields - how do you format dropdowns?

Rosa Clark August 4, 2021

Hello, how do you set up the drop-down feature in the custom field power up?  Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rosa Clark August 5, 2021

Thanks for the reply. To try to add to the dropdown list, I was using commas, semi-colons, everything except - hitting return on the keyboard!  So, so silly.  :-)

1 vote
Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2021

You can use the Custom Fields button on the card as mentioned above to select + New field, then Dropdown. After adding options, you can click the gray tile to select a different color for each option. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 11.51.44 AM.png

Do you know if the ability to change the name of the button has been removed?  I followed a tutorial on YouTube from 2017 and seems that was once a feature, yet I can't seem to find it now.  Meaning, changing 'custom field' to say, "Other details".  

Thanks

Rosa

1 vote
Catherine Magnani August 4, 2021

Hi Rosa

Assuming you've added it as a power-up to your board:

Just open custom fields → edit → +new fields → Type: dropdown

:)

Thanks for the reply. To try to add to the dropdown list, I was using commas, semi-colons, everything except - hitting return on the keyboard!  So, so silly.  :-)

Like Armelle C. likes this
Armelle C. October 5, 2021

Hi Rosa, I get same problem. Why can't I fill the dropdown field with a list?

Did you solve this issue?

Rosa Clark October 5, 2021

Hi @Armelle C. , If I'm following your question, select custom field, choose 'drop down', enter text and hit return.  That's how you create the list.  

Like Armelle C. likes this
Armelle C. October 6, 2021

Thank you so much, @Rosa Clark !

Like Rosa Clark likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events