Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

custom fields - how do you format dropdowns?

Hello, how do you set up the drop-down feature in the custom field power up?  Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Thanks for the reply. To try to add to the dropdown list, I was using commas, semi-colons, everything except - hitting return on the keyboard!  So, so silly.  :-)

1 vote

You can use the Custom Fields button on the card as mentioned above to select + New field, then Dropdown. After adding options, you can click the gray tile to select a different color for each option. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 11.51.44 AM.png

Do you know if the ability to change the name of the button has been removed?  I followed a tutorial on YouTube from 2017 and seems that was once a feature, yet I can't seem to find it now.  Meaning, changing 'custom field' to say, "Other details".  

Thanks

Rosa

Hi Rosa

Assuming you've added it as a power-up to your board:

Just open custom fields → edit → +new fields → Type: dropdown

:)

Thanks for the reply. To try to add to the dropdown list, I was using commas, semi-colons, everything except - hitting return on the keyboard!  So, so silly.  :-)

Like Armelle C. likes this

Hi Rosa, I get same problem. Why can't I fill the dropdown field with a list?

Did you solve this issue?

Hi @Armelle C. , If I'm following your question, select custom field, choose 'drop down', enter text and hit return.  That's how you create the list.  

Like Armelle C. likes this

Thank you so much, @Rosa Clark !

Like Rosa Clark likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,321 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you