Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatically assign due dates

Celese Sanders November 17, 2020

I want to set up a template where I enter in a specific date (the opening date of a performance) and have all cards in the board get assigned a due date based on the specific date.  For example, the card of contacting the radio station would be three months prior to the opening performance.  And the card of delivering music to the orchestra would be four months prior to the opening performance. Is there a way to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Vini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2020

Hi Celese,

I believe you could do that (or at least most of it) with Butler. As long as the cards always have the same name, you can use Butler to activate a rule when a due date is added to the main card and have a bunch of actions to find relevant cards and add due dates to them, based on the original one.

One thing to keep in mind is that Butler rules are not copied over from a template or even from a board copy, so you will also need to take that into consideration when configuring your workflow.

I would suggest starting here: https://help.trello.com/article/1198-an-intro-to-butler and playing a bit with the rules. Don't hesitate to post here if you have questions along the way!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events