Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Will automated card command will lost if I remove the creator for that automation?

My team member who taking care of automated trello cards will leave our team. So I need to remove him from my board and I would like to know his automated will gone? If yes, how can I move his automations? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Morgan Community Leader May 16, 2022

Hi @Swan Htet ! Yes, the commands will stop working. Butler automation is performed through the user who created the commands, so if that user no longer has access to the board, then the commands can't be executed.

What you can do is create a command library and export the commands https://help.trello.com/article/1139-command-libraries. Once that's done, you can then disable the original commands and use the new ones moving forward. I'd suggest recreating the commands with a service account so you don't run into the same issue again in the future.

@Hannah Morgan Thank you so much for your answer. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,345 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you