Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my desktop-web reverting trello tasks to their older versions?

Ido Hartogsohn September 1, 2020

Hi,

I'm using Trello on my phone and desktop and encountering a weird problem.

When I'm opening a task I've edited on my phone on my computer the text appears in full, but then once I try to edit it the text reverts to an older version so that  all of the changes I've made previously are gone, and I'm actually afraid to try to edit it there since I'm afraid of losing my edits.

Anyone has any idea what might be the cause of this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2020

@Ido Hartogsohn is this in a card description? When on desktop can you see "View edits | Discard" below the card description?

Ido Hartogsohn September 2, 2020

@Iain Dooley  yes, this is a card description. I can see the "view edits / discard" below the card description, it shows no info about past edit (except moving from one board to another) but then funnily enough after viewing it the card finally got updated.

Any idea what could have been the problem and how to avoid it in the future? Thanks!

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2020

@Ido Hartogsohn you had edited the card, but hadn't saved it, so when you clicked it you were viewing your edited version, so you just had to discard those edits to see the latest version

Ido Hartogsohn September 2, 2020

Okay, I'll try to pay attention in the future. Thanks again!

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events