Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is custom fields not enabled at the premium level?

Sburlison October 6, 2021

Created a new board for this quarter and discovered the "custom fields" option is not enabled for the board- it's grayed out and not clickable. I have a premium level subscription.

1 answer

3 votes
Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2021

Hi there! Can you verify that the board belongs to your premium Workspace? It's possible to have both a premium Workspace and one or more free Workspaces. If your board happens to belong to a free workspace, custom fields probably won't be enabled. If this is the case, you can move your board into your premium Workspace following these instructions

Sburlison October 8, 2021

Yes. The board is listed under a premium workspace.

Trello Board.png

Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2021

Is it possible your Workspace has a legacy Business Class subscription? If so, the solution is to upgrade your workspace to current Premium subscription in order to access all features. 

If this is not the case, then can you open a Support ticket at https://trello.com/contact

This resolved the issue but I can no longer find the "Project Estimate" for the custom fields. That's what was driving this issue. Any idea where I can find it? Thanks for the help.

Note: Attached a Q3 board, which shows the project estimate for the custom field we can add to all of the cards on that board. For Q4 I can now click the custom field but no longer have the "Project Estimate" as an option. 

Custom Fields II.pngCustom Fields.png 

Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
October 8, 2021

One more thing - can you open a card and see if the Custom Fields button works on the card, and if the Custom Fields menu is not blank as in your screenshot? 

Thanks. I checked that earlier and it shows nothing when I click custom fields within a card. It's really disappointing as this project tool no longer meet our needs without this option.

Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
October 8, 2021

This is not expected behavior, you should be able to use the custom fields feature. I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing!

Can you open at ticket at https://trello.com/contact ? I suspect there's an issue that is specific to this board (and I'm sure they'll be able to help you figure it out). 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events