Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't Butler create Link Cards automatically from checklist items?

Kids _
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 8, 2022

I have a large number of YouTube links which I am organizing in Trello for our homeschool year. I would like to automatically create link cards for 2-3 weeks' worth of videos at a time, so that it is easy to find a specific video quickly and watch it using the preview feature. (This is my strong preference, since it saves transition time and minimizes distractions.) Here's how I currently have this set this up:

- Create a card for a unit

- On the card, create a checklist "Links" with nothing but the URLs entered

- Create a card button "convert all the items in checklist "Links" into cards in list "Videos"

- Archive link cards once they've been watched, using the original card's checklist to track progress

Unfortunately, Butler automatically creates regular cards no matter what I try. I'd obviously prefer not to convert several dozen cards individually every couple of weeks. Is there an alternative syntax that works around this issue, or a rule I could implement to convert the cards automatically after they are created? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2022

Hey @Kids _ 

Right now cards that are created by Butler aren't automatically converted to linked cards but I've passed your interest in this onto our team for consideration.

For now the only thing I could recommend would be to manually convert the cards that Butler adds to Link cards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events