Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can I set a time for the start date on mobile but not on desktop?

TonyG May 4, 2021

On cards in the due date you can set a time that a card is due as well as the date. For the start date you can only set a start time on the mobile app. I am wondering why this is? I would like to be able to set start times for cards on the desktop/web based app.

Also even if you set a start time for a card on the mobile app that time is only shown in the details of the card for the mobile app, why can it not be seen on the desktop/web based app?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Lam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2021

Hi @TonyG - Having the ability to set a time in the start date on the web app is a feature request that our Product teams are tracking. I'll pass your feedback on to let them know you're interested. 

At the moment we've excluded start time from the web app to make it dealing with due dates simpler, though I do understand how it can be helpful to have on the web!

Petter Wolff January 11, 2022

Changing the start time for a card in the mobile app...

- won't be seen at all in the web app, regardless of view, as far as I can tell

- is not registered as an activity in the log for the card

Seems a very weird side thing. Are there many things that differ between the mobile app and the web app like this? Can I trust at all that mobile interactions are logged on the card at all?

Daniela Vargas Gómez March 17, 2022

It also doesn't translate into anything in the iCal. I have it synchronized with my Gmail calendar and it's impossible to know for example when a Meeting begins and when it ends if its more than one hour, or if it's an all-day event. That helps a lot with time management and team management. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events