Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can I not upload a photo or document from my computer

kellie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 30, 2021

I used to be able to upload a document and attach it to one of my Trello cards.  I also use to be able to upload a photo to use it as a cover or a background and now, when I click on the computer option, nothing happens. In the past it would go to my desktop and then I could browse for what I wanted to attach.

2 answers

2 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2021

Hi @kellie ,

Welcome to the community!

Just clear cache & data from your browser or app on your desktop and then log in to your account and your issue will be solved.

(Make sure to take a backup before clearing data from the browser and make sure to disable any extension that is enabled on our browser like adblocker/script blocker)

Please read and follow these articles & documentations

https://help.trello.com/article/769-adding-attachments-to-cards

https://blog.trello.com/card-cover-images-and-drag-and-drop-attachments

Regards,

Soumyadeep

kellie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 2, 2021

So far nothing has solved my problem. The computer button does not go anywhere and neither does that option to upload a photo when I’m trying to do so to do a cover. I’m so disappointed in this. I’m presenting this nationally Thursday morning to over 400 people and I can’t even get this to work. It worked in the past. 

Like # people like this
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2021

Hi @kellie ,

Use the Trello app for mac/windows!

If your issue still exists, contact Trello Support for further assistance!

Like # people like this
0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2021

Hi @kellie 

This still works for me, to confirm this is how I'm doing each:

Attachment (Card):

1. On a Card, press Attachment
  2. From the menu, select Computer
  3. Select an image and upload

The upload arrow on Google Chrome is different for Computer than other options, but it doesn't stop me selecting Computer

Cover (Card):

1. On a card, press Cover
  2. Select Upload a Cover Image
  3. Select an image and upload

Background:

1. On the right-hand side of a board, select "...Show Menu"
  2. Select Change Background
  3. Press the "+" button
  4. Select an image and upload

--------------------

There can sometimes be browser issues, depending on which one you're using. Updates can have an impact on site functionality, unsupported browsers can have quirks, etc.

This is where I would start and see if it resolves your issue: https://help.trello.com/article/736-troubleshooting-browser-issues-with-trello

If not, let us know, or contact Trello Support for further assistance!

Ste

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

Hi @kellie 

Just a reminder if the above doesn't help it would be best to reach out to Trello Support for further assistance :)

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events