Where did /trello commands for Slack go? "Not a valid command"

Dean Harliwich June 24, 2018

Hi all,

I've found trello commands from various sources and been trying them in Slack. However, everything I try gets roughly the same response -

e.g:

[input]

/trello add @John Finish blog post

[output]

*/trello add @John Finish blog post* is not a valid command. In Slack, all messages that start with the "/" character are interpreted as comman

If you are trying to send a message and not run a command, try preceding the "/" with an empty space.

==

Is this to be expected? Did they change the functionality of the bot or am I missing something? It would be really good to be able to create cards, set dates and assign members from within Slack if possible.

Any info on this would be very much appreciated, as the Trello website information still points to these commands as working, yet I've failed so far to get the rolling.

Thanks in advance community!! Keep up the awesome work :D

Dean

1 answer

0 votes
Teddy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2018

Hi Dean,

It sounds like you might not have the Trello app added on your Slack workspace. Do you see Trello in the bottom left corner of your Slack screen, under the Apps section? If that is not there, you will need to add the Trello app first in order for those commands to work.

If you do see that there, would you mind reaching out to our support team directly at support@trello.com so we can help you troubleshoot what might be preventing those commands from working?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events