Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a due date is modified, can i use this as a trigger?

Janco Barnard October 26, 2023

If the due date is modified by a user and not a rule i want to use this as a trigger to send an email. The same for changes to the start date. Is this possible?

1 answer

1 vote
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2023

Hi @Janco Barnard ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community,

Find for a trigger called field value change. And you should be able to create automation rule to send an email to people when due date is changed.

Regards,

Mayur

Hi Mayur,

I only find trigger called custom field value change and not the normal field value change could you direct me in the correct direction?

Regards 

Stanley Duback
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2023

Hey Janco, 

The trigger you are looking for should look like this.

Hi Stanley, could you advise where I could find that trigger on trello?

Like where to click ect. as I have searched through the whole of trello and cant seem to find it to set up like that.

Stanley Duback
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2023

Here is what an automation for this may look like the full rule triggers when due date is "Set on" set on will trigger on any due date change.

Trello date automation.png

Here is where just the trigger is found.

due date set on.png

Like Janco Barnard likes this

Thanks allot Stanley! Can't believe I missed it have been looking over that option for the whole day now. 

Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events