Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What activity counts towards "last modified?"

Brontie Masero June 15, 2022

I want to make a dash card that shows how many cards on my board got a new comment in the last week. Or any activity really, a new comment, movement, complete a checklist item, etc.

I set up a simple dash card that looks at the board it's on, last modified this week, and it found only one card (I know there's been more activity than that). I did a little testing, and a comment on a card didn't affect my dash card. So far, I found that adding/removing a member or moving the card affects it. That's nice, but I need to see comments or checklist activity.

At this point, I'm looking either for a list of activities that "last modified" will track or any ideas someone might have for how I could track comments and checklist activities. Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2022

Hi Brontie,

Thanks for reaching out!

I've reached out to our team about this, and while the Dashcard will eventually update the last modified filters as checklists/comments are updated in the card, it currently won't do that in real-time. Other actions, such as adding or removing a card member, will trigger that real-time update (as you've noticed).

Our team will look into this further and will work on bringing real-time updates to Dashcards.

With that said, it may help to set up Custom Fields, which are updated via Butler automation when a comment is added to the card. For example, "when a comment is posted to a card, update the "Last Updated" field to {date}". The {date} variable is used in this example.

Please let us know if you have any other questions, and we'll be happy to help.

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Brontie Masero July 8, 2022

Thank you so much Lara! That makes sense! And thank you for the custom field workaround, I'll give that a try :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events