Way to combine tasks to be under 20 action limit in Butler?

Brad Barnette October 27, 2020

So I'm trying to make a button to build a checklist and setting due dates for the checklist items to be offsets in "Working Days" from a Start Date that is a field on the card. 

I have all of this working except that creating the item and adding the due date count as 2 separate actions. is there a way to create the checklist item and assign a due date as a single action?

My checklist has 19 items on it so a little less than halfway thru it stops due to the 20 action limit on Butler Buttons.

So long story short I want to create 19 checklist items with due dates with one button click. Any help appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2020

Hi Brad,

There isn't a way to combine adding the checklist item and assigning a due date as a single action, but I may have a workaround which you can try. First of all, set up the button rule to add the first 10 checklist items and their due dates. Then you can create a normal Butler rule which is triggered when checklist item #10 is added to a checklist based on the checklist item name. This rule can then add the additional 9 checklist items.

Let me know if this works as an option for you!

Ryan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events