Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to automatically run a board button through butler?

Jill Kennelly February 25, 2021

Hi, Working to pull workflows from various project boards into a. individual boards and then b. into a main team board.  I have everything set up to pull from project boards to individual boards, and would like to find a way to automate the process of pulling from individual boards into the team board.  I created a board button on each individual boards to pull all content into the team board, but would like it to automatically run when new content is pulled in, versus having to click it on everyone's personal board before I go in to look at schedules.  

Alternatively, I am trying to have one button on the team board pull from individual boards, so it only has to be run once, but this isn't as intuitive as I first thought.  Hoping someone has done either this or the above and would be willing to share how!

Right now the setup I have in place on each project board is: archive list "Project name" on board "Person name", create a new list named "Project name" on board "Person name", and copy each card assigned to member @membername without a complete due date to list "Project name" on board "Person name"

So I put a similar button on each personal board to archive and then create a new list with the person's name on the team board and copy in all their cards.  

I either want to set these to automatically run OR be able to press one board button on the team scheduling board to update everyone.  

Hoping I've explained this well.

thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2021

Hi @Jill Kennelly
Card mirroring would be the way to go. Trello is about to release the ability to mirror cards, but I believe they would be read-only. So if you made an update to the mirrored card, that won't sync back to the original card. 

Unito would allow you to build a workflow where any card you assign to a team member would sync to their personal board, and any update they make (comments, date change, status update, etc.) would be reflected back on the project board/main team board.

Happy to help you set up that workflow with Unito if you're interested in exploring that option! 

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2021

@Jill Kennelly instead of using a board button, why not trigger the command to create a linked copy in each person's board when they're added to a card as a member?

Jill Kennelly February 26, 2021

@Iain Dooley i tried this, but if a change is made to the card on the project board, it is not reflected in their individual board.  I am most concerned with due dates shifting and being able to look at the most current due dates in calendar view for the whole team.  

open to any suggestions for how to make this happen. thanks!

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2021

@Jill Kennelly yep you're correct if you create that type of card it really needs to be considered a "pointer" back to the original, unless you use something like Unito to synch the cards up. There's feature coming up that will allow a native synch through a linked card, but it's not quite there yet. Not far off though, they've already released URL cards and board link cards, I'd say that card link cards are going to be out in the next couple of months at the most (fingers crossed! I'm hanging out for this feature ... )

Jill Kennelly March 1, 2021

got it, thanks.  I ended up using the calendar option under butler to update everyone at 8 am daily. it works for now.  Really looking forward to being able to have mirrored cards!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events