Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Butler variables in email notification

Alejandro Solana July 12, 2021

Good morning, 

I am creating some rules to send a notification when different activities happen in the board. I am trying to use Butler variables to simplify the access to the information, but as the email is generated as text, the variables are not properly updated with the values.

Is there any way to get the proper values into the variables in the body of the email?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Alejandro.

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I made an error and I was mixing hte format for variables and customfield. When updated and using {variablename} it is working fine.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Alejandro.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

@Alejandro Solana can you show us a screenshot of your Butler rule?

Should I use {{%customfield}}?... I was using {@customfield}.

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2021

@Alejandro Solana 

I am assuming you are using the Butler email action. Trello takes care of the substitution for values for the variables added to your email customisation. Make sure you use the right structure : {name of variable} and {{%customfield}} see this page for reference : 

https://help.trello.com/article/1157-variables

I was using {@customfield} instead of {{%customfield}}. I will update it to the proposed format.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events