Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Butler to Assign Labels

lillieanne.steinhauser June 23, 2020

I have Trello Business Class. I'd like to use Butler to automatically assign a red label to late cards (not incomplete) for reporting purposes. With the reporting power up I'm using, I think the only way to sort by late cards would be with a label and I would prefer not manually add labels to every late card. Can the label adding be automated with Butler? Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2020

Hi @lillieanne.steinhauser 

Welcome to the Community!

Sure can! Obviously it depends on how overdue you want it to be before it triggers, but here it is (click on the "Due Date" option on the left:

Screenshot 2020-06-23 at 19.25.15.pngScreenshot 2020-06-23 at 19.25.24.pngScreenshot 2020-06-23 at 19.25.37.pngHowever, I would draw your attention to the fact that this isn't retroactive, as in, any dates that are already overdue won't have the label added because the date was set before the rule. So you would have to go through each card currently on the board individually and remove the due date and then re-add it. But you'd only need to do this once. You could also see if you could move an entire list to another board, then move it back in again and see if the rule would trigger (I don't know, because I've never done it!)

Let us know if this helps!

Esme :)

lillieanne.steinhauser June 23, 2020

This was embarrassingly easy - thanks for the quick and thorough response! 

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2020

No worries @lillieanne.steinhauser!

We're here to help and by answering your question, someone else coming to the Community will be able to search and find the answer!

Don't be a stranger!

Esme :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events