Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use email or Zap to alert when custom field date approaches

Niki Lentz September 13, 2021

We have a custom date field in our Trello cards that is like a secondary due date.

I want to do one of these 2 tasks but do not seem to be able to figure out how to make either of them work:

1.  Using Zapier I want to push the date in our custom field to either create an event in Google Calendar on the date so that it can remind us 3 days before the date

- PROBLEM:  I do not see any custom fields in the drop down field selections to select so that is populates the calendar event Start Date.

2.  Set up an automation to send an email 5 working days before the date in the custom field

- PROBLEM:  I can set this rule up "When custom field "USPTO Due Date" is set to a date less than 3 working days from now, send an email notification to..." but this only triggers when the date is set in the card rather than detecting that the date now within the specified range.

Any advice on what else to try is appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 14, 2021

You could look to 3rd party Power-Ups like Blue Cat Reports (I am not sure others support the features you would need tbh). In Blue Cat you could

- Create a Quick List showing cards where the custom field "USPTO Due Date" is 3 days from now or less

- Set up a scheduled email for that list which would send it to you (and others you subscribe) each work day morning

Not quite a trigger to alert you for specific cards, but you would see each card every morning which matched the criteria.

Blue Cat also offer a bunch of other reporting options, so there may be other reporting/alerting issues you are having it could solve :)

Hope that helps,

Robin

Niki Lentz September 14, 2021

Thanks

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2021

@Niki Lentz 

Calendar view will show card due and item due date but not any CF date. There is no due date trigger by CF date but only those that applies to CF in general. This also applies to item due date.  If this is critical you will need to apply code to solve this problem. 

Niki Lentz September 14, 2021

Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events