Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trelo Timeline plotting not just *due date* checklist due dates too?

Spaces Joinery
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 4, 2021

Hello All,

So I'm new to Trello and have just started to use it to manage our flow of work through our manufacturing plant. Its great to give us visibility of which 'stage' each order (I move them from list to list to show the progress) is at and being  central place to hold all order details by linking to google drive, however the final puzzle piece I am missing is being able to forward plan and have visibility of what is about to happen, not what is happening.

So, on each card I have created a due date (the delivery date) and then also a checklist which details each stage (list) that the card will need to go into, each of these has a due date.

What would be amazingly helpful would be if I could use the timeline function and if all of these dates were also plotted!

Currently you just see the due date, but I have no visibility of all of the other milestones the job needs and if they will conflict with one and other.

I hope the above makes some sense! Would be great to know if anyone has managed to create something similar or used an add on to achieve this!

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2021

Welcome to Trello! For the moment, the timeline view only shows the top-level items - it doesn't show the second level (i.e. the check-items). You can however use the calendar view or calendar power up to see both the cards and check-items if they both have due dates. 

Both the timeline and calendar views are in beta, so when opening the timeline view, you'll see a banner at the top with a link to provide feedback. I agree - having both the card and check-item level of due dates in the timeline view would be great! Maybe also having the option to expand/minimize cards to see the check-items and the related cards as well. 

In the meantime, there are power-ups like Planyway that offer a timeline view with check-items if you're needing that feature sooner rather than later. I know they have a free plan, but the timeline part might be a paid feature. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events