Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello keeps showing as offline

Adrian January 7, 2023

I'm on the free plan and I recently took a Trello course that gave me a whole bunch of fabulous new boards.  So I set up a new workspace and added the sample boards to it, but now Trello keeps saying that I'm offline and my changes won't be saved when I'm working on my original boards. 

It's never done this before, so it seems like Trello is "mad" or something about me adding a bunch of new boards.  Is it possible that I am running out of space or have crossed a line somewhere in my free Trello using to cause this message?  My business is totally dependent on Trello, so I don't want to bring on a bunch of new bells and whistles if it's going to mess up my existing setup?  

5 answers

4 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Austin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2023

Update: This is now resolved!   If you continue to see these offline messages while online, please create a support ticket here, include the link to this post, and we'll take another look. 

Hey Folks, 

Thanks for these reports. We've identified an issue where the offline notification is not dismissed after waking your device up from sleep.

We are working on a fix now. Until then please refresh the page to dismiss the offline notification. 

Thanks! 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paul Watson January 8, 2023

I'm also getting the same issue. Using the Trello desktop app in Windows 11. Let me know if you find a solution.

Paul Watson January 8, 2023

The app has "reload" option in the hamburger menu under "View" which appears to resolve the issue. Shortcut: Ctrl+R

Like # people like this
Adrian January 9, 2023

Thanks.  That does seem to fix it at least temporarily.  Did it recently start doing that for you also?  It just seems weird to me that it started right after I added a bunch of new boards and I've still got several to add, but I'm a little nervous to now.  Had you done anything unusual with your boards recently?  

Austin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2023

Hey Adrian, 

This was introduced by a change on our end. I can assure you that your new boards didn't trigger this.

Sorry for the concern. It should now be fixed. If you continue to see these offline messages while online, please create a support ticket here, include the link to this post, and we'll take another look. 

Adrian January 9, 2023

Thanks for that reassurance. I love Trello and I was so worried that I’d broken it. Glad it is resolved. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Benjamin McGuire August 7, 2023

Hi All.

I am experiencing the same issue as above. For the past 10-day to two weeks, Trello almost always says I am offline - I am def not as I completely rely on an internet connection for work - its the only site that says this.

If I try to open a ticket or load various other Atlassian pages it says the same - "This site can't be reached. The connection was re-set. Check the connection. Check the firewall and proxy settings".

This happens at multiple physical locations.

Interestingly I can load it on my phone and tablet so seems to be isolated to my laptop. I haven't done any recent updates or changes to my laptop. Nothing has noticeably changed. 

Any ideas? 

Ben. 

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2023

Hi @Adrian 

Have you tried contacting Trello Support as suggested in the accepted answer?

https://trello.com/en/contact#/

Ste

Adrian August 12, 2023

No, @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_  The problem went away for me, but I see a few others who might be having the same issue.  My Trello is back to working like a champ!  

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2023

Hi @Adrian 

Free plans are limited to 10 Boards per Workspace - could this be the issue you're facing?

See what features are available to each plan level here: https://trello.com/pricing

If this isn't the issue - you could try contacting Trello Support? You can do this via: https://trello.com/en/contact#/

Ste

Adrian January 7, 2023

No, I have 3 different workspaces and fewer than 10 boards per workspace, so that shouldn't be the issue.  

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2023

I'd contact Trello Support.

You can also test if this happens on different browsers, in incognito mode, after clearing cache, etc.

But it might be quite difficult for one of us to replicate this in the Community, as it doesn't seem to be happening for everyone - and Trello isn't currently experiencing an incident according to https://trello.status.atlassian.com/

Ste

Like Adrian likes this
0 votes
Dan Gomez September 20, 2023

I'm getting the same issue specifically on the mobile app - it shows me offline. Not having the issue on the website. This happened in multiple locations. I deleted and reinstalled the app. I tried logging out and logging back in. Even though the login worked it shows me offline. I have created a trello support ticket. but thought i'd post to this thread as i'm having the same issue as others.

Dan Gomez September 20, 2023

I'll mention it appears to only go one direction. If i create a card on the web it does show up on the app. but it doesn't work the other way. :/

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2023

Contact Trello Support for assistance if this is still an issue: https://trello.com/contact

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events