Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello app and website inaccessible when VPN enabled

Gra Ham March 26, 2023

On my Windows 10 PC I have Trello app installed.  I've been using it for quite a while with no issues.  Today both the app and the Trello website are inaccessible. 

VPN on - The app says "You are offline" and the website says "We can’t connect to the server at trello.com".
VPN off - both the app and website are accessible.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This means one of two possible problems, both with your VPN.  The exit point of the VPN either

• does not have a route to Trello (or DNS that can resolve it)
  • is blacklisted by Atlassian because it's in a range of IP addresses known to be malicious

Either way, you'll need to talk to the admins of your VPN to find out which one it is and get it fixed.

digital March 27, 2023

honestly we tried 15 ips from different countries, all of them working till yesterday. (no probs with diff providers)

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

You will need to talk to the admins of your VPN as to why their endpoints can't find Trello.

Like Gra Ham likes this
Gra Ham March 27, 2023

Thanks Nic.  I'm sure my VPN has a route to Trello as it was working before.  So that leaves Atlassian blacklisting them.  I see this more and more and it seems to me that digital privacy is disliked by business.  I get the hacker perspective but blocking a VPN won't stop them.  And I know that there are other ways of detecting nefarious activity.  VPN is just the medium not the tool.

Gra Ham March 27, 2023

Ironically, I'm logged into Atlassian with my VPN on!!  Go figure,

0 votes
digital March 27, 2023

Same problem.  But not with competitors.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events