Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Two-Way Automatic Synchronization with Google Calendar

Drew Lanphear March 12, 2022

How do we make this happen?? Cronofy and Planaway do not count.  Neither work.

4 answers

0 votes
Malachi Allred February 22, 2024

Hi there, I am with zzBots. If your still looking for a solution or running into issues, I believe zzBots is the solution. With our Trello to Google Calendar 2-Way sync your data will stay in sync and up to date in realtime.

Here is a link: https://www.zzbots.com/store/trello-google-calendar-2-way-sync

0 votes
Drew Lanphear April 4, 2022

Okay, last update for today.  I spent the past 45 minutes re-attempting my google calendar integration with Trello using Planyway.  It seems like I got somewhat close, but, the sync is not automatic.  I had to copy the calendar link in Planyway (which was sync'd to Trello cards) and add it to Google Calendar as a new imported cal each time I wanted to refresh.  There is no 2-way sync that works at this time (unfortunately).

0 votes
Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 14, 2022

Hi @Drew Lanphear, it's Tania from Planyway. I'd be happy to help if you're willing to share what kind of issues you had using Planyway.

We offer two options of syncing scheduled Trello cards to Google Calendar: via iCal (free and read-only) and Google Integration (paid, 2-way sync and quick). Let me know which one you've tried and what didn't seem to work. 

Drew Lanphear March 23, 2022

Hello @Maria thank you for the reply.  We tried the Google 2-way sync.  Changes made in Trello were not updating in the Google Calendar. 

Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 24, 2022

Hi @Drew Lanphear, thanks for getting back to me. There might have been an unexpected delay in sync when you were trying Planyway. The only way to say for sure is for you to try it again :) In case you'd like your Planyway trial period reset, please email us at support@planyway.com.

Cheers,
Tania

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2022

Hi @Drew Lanphear Unito has an integration with GCal. They offer a true 2-way sync between the two tools. You can choose to sync all cards from your board/s or just a subset (e.g. just the cards you're assigned to).

Drew Lanphear March 12, 2022

I've now tried Zapier, Planyway and Cronofy.  None work.  Why will Unito work?  Do you have a link to a Youtube video showing that this connection works via this powerup?

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2022

They offer a 14 day free trial if you want to see if it's a good fit: https://app.unito.io/#/signup. I'm not sure what you mean by will it work. I don't see why it shouldn't I guess 😅 I had a quick search for a Google calendar specific video and couldn't find it. They integrate with a bunch of tools btw.

Drew Lanphear March 23, 2022

Unfortunately this app/power up doesn't work either.  There are no Unito powerups that show a synchronization between Google Calendar + Trello 2-Way.  Only one for Google Sheets.

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2022

@Drew Lanphear It's most definitely an integration that Unito supports. I've set up a flow with Trello and GCal in the past. Here's a bit more information. You can login to the Unito dashboard to get things set up here: https://app.unito.io/

Hello.  I attempted the Unito integration and unfortunately this option does not work either.  I followed the a few of their instructional/How To videos and immediately ran into issues attempting to setup the integration.  The error message I received was "We were denied access to the tool" when attempting to connect/synchronize with my Google calendar.  I attempted the help options, but there was no information on how to fix this error.  I'm back to square one.

Anyone else out there have a proven means of establishing a two-way sync between Trello and Google Calendar? 

Thanks!

Trello.....this is a big "miss" for us.  We have a number of users who would see significant productivity improvement if they were able to sync (two-way) their Trello tasks with their Google Calendar.

How can this be accomplished?  We need a very robust and proven system for facilitating a two-way sync.  Maybe this just isn't supported yet?

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2022

@Drew Lanphear the same thing happened to me when I first tried. You have to tick ALL the boxes showing on this screenshot. 

gcal permissions.PNG

For the last checkbox, this article explains Unito doesn't actually delete anything:
https://guide.unito.io/en/articles/5978933-a-primer-on-unito-s-google-calendar-integration

I believe the Unito team is working on clearing this up!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events