Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello: Prevent Users from deleting or editing comments

Yousef May 11, 2018

Is it possible to prevent users from deleting or editing their comments on cards in trello. I am admin and I want to block my users from deleting or editing comments of users. Also I want them to check or approve their work by writing a comment on their cards. (I need a confirmation of them for their task on card that they can't delete or edit it)

thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2018

Hi Yousef

It's not possible to prevent a user from editing/deleting their own comments at this time.  Only a user can edit their own comments. A board admin and the poster of the comment can delete it. Nobody else can edit/delete.

Nathanael Padgett May 28, 2020

Good question Yousef. Unfortunately two years after you've posted your question, Trello still has no way to disable users from editing or deleting their own comments. I to see what you're asking as a valuable feature because comments should be an on-the-record, permanent record of what happened on-to a card. Someone shouldn't be able to answer a question on a card, then work be done according to their comment, and then they delete their comment and claim they never said that. We might as well start emailing eachother if that's the case. Sorry this still isn't possible Yousef.

Like # people like this
Josh R October 24, 2020

Anybody know the best way to push this idea? The ability to "lock" comments seems like an obvious feature that I'm disappointed to find out doesn't exist.

Like # people like this
aniket bora May 9, 2021

they should allow soft deleting. like a strike-through if the comment is deleted/edited yet retaining the deleted statement in the history. 

Like Josh R likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events