Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello App on Windows 10 started downloading .msg files instead of opening in Outlook

Laurence Hawkins June 9, 2022

A few weeks ago when I'd click on a .msg file in a board in the Trello app for Windows 10 I just get a download window instead of automatically opening in Outlook. When I use Trello in Chrome it works properly as I set .msg files to open automatically after download. 

Is there any equivalent feature in the Trello app as I'm pretty sure it's just a webpage encapsulated in an app. I even see the download bar show up for a fraction of a second before the download window shows up. It's as if I set the application to always ask before downloading if I was using Chrome.

Is there a registry fix or something else that will allow me to click on a .msg file in the Trello app and have it open in Outlook automatically. I realize that this is just downloading it to a hidden temp folder and then sending a signal to open it, but it made it so much faster to use the way it used to work.

2 answers

0 votes
Nina Medlock August 23, 2022

Hey Laurence, how did you set up .msg files to open automatically through Chrome? I have the same issue. 

0 votes
Theodoro Reato
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2022

Hi Laurence,

Could you create a ticket at www.trello.com/contact with a .msg file example? 

We'll be happy to support you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events