Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello App (MacOS) cannot connect to Dropbox

Raffaele Cingottini November 23, 2021

Hello everyone...

In my agency we extensively use the MacOS app version of Trello.

Suddenly this morning every card lost its connection to related files and folders stored on Dropbox.

When trying to get the attachments back, we only get a login window, but the "login" button simply does not respond.

The very same thing happens if we use Trello+Dropbox on Safari (we get the request to enable cookies).

Everything instead works fine if we use Trello+Dropbox on Google Chrome...

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 vote
Maxsuel Pena March 11, 2022

I have the same issue here.
MacOs Monterey

Did you guys get some answer to fix it?

0 votes
Bryan November 23, 2021

I assume you're using Firefox (you didn't mention what you're using). Try opening the inspector pane, select the console and then clicking on the dropbox login button. The error message displayed may give you a clue.

It may be that third-party cookies are not being allowed, if that's the case, you can add an exception for dropbox.com in your browser's settings.

Raffaele Cingottini November 25, 2021

Hello Bryan and thanks for your reply...

Actually I did mention that we are using the MacOS App Version of Trello: https://apps.apple.com/it/app/trello/id1278508951?mt=12

I suppose that the problem can be caused by cookies and "probably" related to MacOS/Safari environment...

In fact, these are the attempts I've made:

1. Using Trello App: I cannot login to Dropbox and all the cards which used to be linked to Dropbox folders are now unable to view the links and this message is shown: Unable to show Dropbox content. The problem could be caused by a security setting in your browser. In your browser, go to Preferences > Privacy and uncheck the setting that prevents detection on multiple sites. Then refresh the page. If I try to login, I just get a Dropbox login pop-up, but the Login button simply does not work.
  2. Using Trello via Safari: same problem, but in this case the Dropbox login window shows also a message about cookies that are not allowed... again, the Login button does not work.
  3. Using Trello via Google Chrome: everything works flawlessly

I repeated the scenarios with very same results on macOS Monterey, macOS Big Sur and macOS Catalina...

Any idea?

Bests,

--Raffaele

Geoff McLay November 25, 2021

Hi this is exactly my problem too.  i use the Dropbox integration every day with the Trello for Mac app and the day before yesterday I got the same message as Raffaele. Chrome does work but the app is a lot more efficient in my workflow so I would like to get back to it

Geoff

Raffaele Cingottini November 25, 2021

I think something changed in the "relationship" between Trello and macOS... and assuming that Trello macOS app uses the same "environment" as Safari does, this can explains why Safari/macOS don't work and Chrome does...

(by the way this leads me to a new doubt... is Chrome able to override security rules that Safari doesn't?)

kara November 30, 2021

I am having the same issue (I use Mac OS app) and it won't let me log in to Dropbox (same error message). Works flawlessly on Chrome, but I really prefer the app. Has anyone been able to get it to work?

Raffaele Cingottini November 30, 2021

Hello Kara,

according to Dropbox, this is a known issue and they’re working on it.

A very polite guy from Dropbox asked me to check if I submitted this issue to Trello guys and share their reply…

So I think we can help both the support teams sharing info :-)

Like # people like this
Geoff McLay November 30, 2021

thanks from New Zealand ! 

Like kara likes this
Yu-Ann December 17, 2021

Hi 

I am facing the same issue to date, but I am using Windows OS.

Has your issue resolved yet? 

Thanks.

kara December 21, 2021

Unfortunately, no.  Dropbox insists it's a Trello problem, and Atlassian sent me to Dropbox. When I ask for more detail to take back to the other company, they can't tell me anything. I haven't received a firm response from either company. They both keep trying to close my tickets although it's still not fixed, going on one month now...

Raffaele Cingottini December 22, 2021

Same here...

It's quite unacceptable. At the moment, the only workaround is to use Google Chrome, which drains laptop's memory and battery...

Like kara likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events