Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminate your Atlassian account in 30 days

Alexander Semenov July 14, 2023

Hello. I am a citizen of the Russian Federation (unfortunately).
On July 11, I received a letter that my account would be blocked within 30 days, because I logged in from Russia. In fact, I have not been in Russia since the war began. And I went under the Russian IP because I had a VPN enabled to use the chats and resources of the company I work for remotely. How can I avoid blocking my account? I ask you not to block my account. I condemn the Russian invasion and hate Putin and those who started and support this war. But why should I be responsible for being born in Russia?
I hope for understanding. Thank you in advance for the answer.

notice.png

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This is a blanket ban, Atlassian (and others) don't have the resources to check that every single account is pro or anti invasion.

The best thing you can do is set up a new Atlassian account, using a non-Russian/Belorus email address, set up a new Trello with it, don't use the company VPN to access it, and export and import your existing data.

Константин Акимов August 13, 2023

Hello. My wife has had her account disconnected. There were no emails, nothing. Please check akimova16@gmail.com . I'm writing on her behalf as she can't even log in here. Please help me to solve this issue and restore the account.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2023

Hi 

There was an email, it's not Atlassian's fault that your spam filters or the Russian government killed it.

You won't be able to restore anything, all accounts that look like they might belong to Russian and Belarus people  are being shut down until Russia stops its illegal and immoral invasion of Ukraine.

If you want your account back, all you can do is ask the Russian government to withdraw from Ukraine.

Like Roma Bubyakin likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events