Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tasks being auto deleted when I click on an epic

Lesley October 5, 2020

Hi can anyone help, I have the Epics power up added to my board and all of a sudden, when I click on an epic card it deletes a bunch of the tasks I have added to that card. I try searching for the card to see what has happened but it says it doesn't exist.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2020

Regardless of getting the answer, first of all make a back up copy of your board.  Duplicate the board in your workspace, name it COPY with the date/time.

Have a look in the archive ... accessed from the right, and also look at the more to see what other functions you could investigate.

Lesley October 5, 2020

Thanks for the tip, I have created a copy but still cant figure it out. Nothing has been archived. The activity tracker says it has been deleted.

Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2020

If tracker says its deleted, then see who's login deleted it.

May wish to unload the power up in the interim.

Normally, when we've re-added powerups back into a board after, any settings are retained, but even if they are not, in this case, data retention takes precedence.

Lesley October 5, 2020

It says I deleted it. If I click on an epic I can literally watch 20 lines appearing saying I deleted tasks right that second when I didnt.

I tried removing the epic power up and re-adding it. It's still doing the same thing.

In comparing the copied board and the original board (thanks for the tip), I can see that it is deleting cards that I have previously archived but not deleted. Does this mean that it is removing the card from the current epic view?

Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2020

It means they were deleted by you or your account, and that would include a powerup authorised by you.

I mean by remove epic, remove it.  Not add it back in.  You can add it back in later if you were so inclined ... but might be luckier to by a lottery ticket.

So, as Clint Eastwood would say ... do you feel luck punk, well, do ya?

At risk of data loss, I'd remove it, and handle the multiple card combination by using checklist and adding the cards to subtasks.

However, before that, see if the epic card has all the combined info and possibly the cards in via there, and when you removed it, did the cards come back, ie, they were in an adjusted view controlled by epic.

You may wish to take it up with epic, as its to do with their powerup and its not one I use.
https://screenful.com/epics-for-trello

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events