Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch out a Trello label instead of deleting and re-creating it?

Susan Hamby Kridler March 29, 2019

When I brought cards from one Trello board into another, their labels were added to the second board's list of labels, creating duplicate labels which have the same name and color. This makes the list of labels very long. Is there a way to remove the duplicate label and apply the remaining one to the cards that had it, without having to do it to each one individually? I found the helpful site https://batch.cardsync.xyz/ but it doesn't seem to have that function.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2019

@Susan Hamby Kridler No there's no way to merge labels, the only way to do it without doing it manually would be with the API, or maybe the Butler Power up. I think you should be able to do something like create a button that does a loop:

For each card with the green label "Whatever" remove the label and add the red "Whatever" label

As an example. Depending on whether this is going to be an ongoing issue or a once off, and how many cards you have, you might better off just doing it manually and then making your labels the same colour on both boards so you don't get duplicates in future.

Susan Hamby Kridler April 1, 2019

Thanks, Iain. The labels were already exactly the same in each board, so I'm not completely sure how I ended up with two of each, but in my case, it's probably not worth getting into the API or a power up. I hope they develop this ability in the future.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events