Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student access

Megan White
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 23, 2021

I have set up a Trello board for each of my five classes.  On each board, a student has their own list to work on.  I need to invite students to the board.  I have tried to share the link with students and have also tried to directly invite them with their email. 

The problem is that the invitation prompts the students to set up a Trello account.  I have them log in with their Gmail account, but then Trello sends a password.  The issue is that our school does not allow outside organizations to send emails to our kids.

How can I have the students access the Trello board without having a Trello account?  

1 answer

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2021

Hi @Megan White welcome to the Trello Atlassian community.

When you say "Trello sends a password", are you referring to the "login code" that is being sent to Gmail?

Megan White
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 23, 2021

Yes.  It comes through from the Atlassian Community, but my kids can't get emails from outside companies beyond our school.  

Like G subramanyam likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Sending the security code is the new layer added by Atlassian cloud. It's not just to Trello but when user access any of the Atlassian products.

Your issue needs to be checked and worked by your school network admin as per their policies of allowing Gmail/ add to whitelist etc.

Carol Snyder
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 28, 2021

Since students have limited access to the dashboard where most of the tasks are located, they are not able to find the proper information in time and meet the deadline for assignments. That is the reason why a lot of my classmates use only https://writix.co.uk/report-writing-service online report writing service as they just can't handle all tasks by themselves. It is a great idea to ask the professionals for help but I hope the issue with the dashboard and access will be resolved soon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events