Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific card triggering creation of a checklist item on new card

Cindy Johnson November 1, 2021

Hello Trello community!

Have trouble with some triggers. I would like specific cards to trigger a checklist to be created onto another card.

For instance: Every day, Butler creates a card "AM Tasks {datenumber}". When I move that card to "Done" list, I want Butler to add a checklist item "AM Tasks {datenumber}" to a "November AM Tasks" card, so that I can easily "check off" and track those tasks. 

The trouble is, I have multiple cards being moved to the "Done" list. How do I differentiate a specific card to trigger the creation of a checklist item onto a new card? 

Thanks so much for any help!

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2021

Hi Cindy! Would this do it for you?

Add checkitem rule.PNG

Cindy Johnson November 3, 2021

Hanna: Thanks for the insight. But for some reason, I'm not finding the trigger prompt "when a card with a name starting with" option ...

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

@Cindy Johnson it's a filter you can add to your trigger. Make sure you have the advanced filter turned onScreenshot_20211105-083908_Chrome.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events