Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slack automation keeps alerting even though is disabled

Tancredi Leone April 22, 2023

Hi there, 
Just wondering how can I delete the slack automation from a specific board? 

I already disabled it and it doesn't show up within power-ups, however, it keeps alerting the slack channel  (when I create new cards), I had connected to it earlier on. 

Please advise. 

2 answers

0 votes
Tancredi Leone April 28, 2023

Ok looks I solved it myself, basically couldn't get rid of the slack automation, everything was disabled power-ups, rules you name it. 
Still got alerts on my slack channel. 
This was really annoying and frustrating. 

I've tried to add the power-up again to the board > power-ups > slack 
then from slack > Send Board Notifications to Slack Channels > delete 

That did the trick. 

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Hi @Tancredi Leone so it was as I suggested. Nice! Good to know that you solved it.

0 votes
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2023

Hi @Tancredi Leone and welcome to the community,

Please take a look at this post here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Trello-on-Slack-how-to-remove-automatic-post-to-channel/qaq-p/2014430 or follow these steps:

• Open your Trello Board which is connected to Slack
  • Click Automation > Rules
  • Click App Automation
  • Find Slack, and Remove your Slack connection

Let me know if that worked for you.

Tancredi Leone April 23, 2023

Thank you for following up. No it doesn't work. I don't have slack connected in the App Automation for that board, however I keep getting alerts to the slack channel. 
Any suggestions?

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2023

Can you locate which rule is sending out notifications? Is it one or all rules?

Tancredi Leone April 23, 2023

Not sure, but on that board I don't have any rules enabled. 

Here's what I see when I open the rule tab: 

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 8.39.04 AM.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

@Tancredi Leone this is a message which you get if you press the "tag/labels" next to "Create rule" button. Can you please share a screenshot of the selection "App automation"?

Tancredi Leone April 24, 2023

there you go: 
Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 9.15.22 PM.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

Thank you @Tancredi Leone !

Now that we got this out of the way, can you confirm that you don't have any slack-powerups installed on your workspace? To be honest, apart from the slack integration, the slack powerups, and 3rd party integration apps, I don't think there is another way of trello sending notifications to slack.

Tancredi Leone April 24, 2023

I have them on other boards, my question was is it possible to remove it from this specific one though? 

Think I might have done it differently on this one and that is the reason why I cant seem to get rid of it. 

Tancredi Leone April 28, 2023

Any tips to solve this? I was able to remove slack from other boards but this one, is there a way to disable it on this board?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events