Rules to move cards to different lists based on labels

Chantal Prince September 27, 2021

Hi, I'm creating rules for cards with specific labels.

I need the cards to be pushed to different list based on the label they have. This is my process.

The cards are being pulled from various lists within my workspace using a board button. They are pushed into list A, I then created rules for these cards to be sorted into various lists no the board based on the colour of their label. The board button is working pulling through all the cards but the rules I set-up are not working for some reason? I can't see why. 

Please help. 

Kind regards,
Chantal Prince

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2021

@Chantal Prince can you share screenshots of the specific rules you have and indicate which ones are and are not working? Also have you looked in the log to see if there are any errors and/or if the commands are running?

Chantal Prince September 28, 2021

@Iain Dooley thanks for reaching out. Please see rules below. None of which are working. 

I've added a screenshot of the board button as well, this is working perfectly thanks. 

I have checked commands and no error messages. I've also reached out to the trello team as we're thinking of upgrading to premium account but need to get these rules working first otherwise its not worth our while. Maybe I'm missing something? Board button.PNG

Rules.PNG

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

@Chantal Prince so when you say none of them are working, can you see in the command logs that they're running? For example when you click the button to copy all cards in liste "To Do's" on board "Let's Do This!" etc. you should see in the command log that it executed, and it should say if, for example, it couldn't find the list or the board.

For the second command, have you tried moving a card into the list CGM CORPORATE BRANDING manually from another board to see if it triggers? Also have you tried changing it to remove some of the filters or conditions and see if a simpler version works? Because I just created a command to add a label to a card when it's moved into the board in list "Inbox" and it worked, so I'd say there's a typo in your naming or something (again, the command log should help you debug that).

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2021

@Chantal Prince 

There isn’t a lot of details on why it did not work but if the labels are already on the cards and you are using triggers eg when … then it not work. To select cards you need to trigger a collect cards from Cascade. 

Chantal Prince September 28, 2021

@milynnus thanks for the response. Not sure I understand. 

The labels are already on the cards yes. I'm adding the rule to the list and not the card specifically as I need it to apply to all cards in the list. Does that make sense? 

Also, I'm new to Trello not sure how to collect cards from Cascade? Excuse my ignorance. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2021

@Chantal Prince 

You are right. You do not need to use Cascade. Tested with this and it works for me.Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 3.21.35 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-09-29 at 3.21.09 PM.jpg

Chantal Prince September 29, 2021

Ok thanks. My problem is I need to have the same action with multiple labels and they each need to move into their own list within the new board

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2021

@Chantal Prince

If you use invisible labels and you use {*} it might work. Try it. 

0 votes
Chantal Prince September 30, 2021

@milynnus & @Iain Dooley  - I managed to make it work thanks so much for your help. It was a silly error I had to change the command on my rule to "copy" and not "move. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events