Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for next update

Dianne Romelle Fay May 5, 2022

1- I'd LOVE to see a color picker that would give us more color options on the labels.  

2- I'd also like to either merge cards together or be able to designate that an email go to a specific CARD that already exists.... for instance, I have a JOB OPP board that I've created for myself (a freelancer).  For each person whose "job opp post" I answer and submit to I create a card with their name as the "card name"... I've already connected my email acct to this board, but I can only designate which board and which list I want that email to go to, and that just creates an additional card.. So I'd love to see a way to designate that specific emails to go to a specific (already existing) card as well. Currently, I've been copying the emails and pasting them into the single card with the person's name on it.  This way, all communication before signing the contract is all on 1 single card.  

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Artemis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2022

Hi @Dianne Romelle Fay, welcome!

1. Additional colors is a popular suggestion and unfortunately there are some technical limitations preventing Trello from adding a full color picker. In order for Trello to be accessible for folks that have visual impairments (i.e. color blind), there's a toggle that adds a unique pattern to all label/card cover colors. The patterns have to be consistent for each color and it would be difficult to create unlimited consistent patterns for unlimited colors. I am aware that the Trello team has been looking into ways to bring additional colors, since this is such a popular request, so hopefully we'll see something like that in the near future. :) 

2. There's actually a way to do this already! All cards have a unique email and emailing that address adds a comment to the card. Open a card -> scroll down and click the Share button -> look for "Email for this card". It's unique to you and anyone emailing that address will post a comment as you. 

Dianne Romelle Fay May 12, 2022

Hey!!! This worked GREAT!!  I copy/pasted the url in the Share section, went to my gmail and forwarded the email to it.. It looks fantastic on the card. Thank you so much for solving my problem.

0 votes
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2022

Hey @Dianne Romelle Fay - adding to @Artemis's awesome response, I've added this post to our feature request on adding more label colours to Trello (:

Eva July 14, 2022

@Alex Waiteis there a timeframe for when more colors in Trello will finally be available? I've just searched the community board for an update on this topic and found a feature request for this from about three years ago... :)
I'm a big fan of Trello and have been using it for years, but the very small selection of colors (especially difficult with complex projects) has been an issue for me too since day 1.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events