Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeat card first next date is wrong

Glenn Levine January 25, 2023

Hello, I am trying to use the repeat power-up for a recurring quarterly task. I created the original task for Apr 24, 2023, and a retreat every 3 months. But then the “next repeat” shows up as Feb 24, 2023 when it should be July 24, 2023.

Help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2023

Hi @Glenn Levine , when setting up a repeat card the start/first repeat will always be on the next week/month/year and then it'll each subsequent repeat will be on the interval that you've selected.

For instance, if you wanted a card to repeat every 3 months from today (Jan 27), the repeat will start on the following month February 27 and the next repeat will be May 27. 

If you want the card to repeat every months starting April 24 then I would recommend setting it up the month earlier. We do have a feature request to track interest in the ability to set your start date, I'll make sure to add your vote to the feature request. 

Glenn Levine January 27, 2023

Thank you!

Sarah Jenkins April 11, 2023

@Lam setting the first repeat date should absolutely be a feature! When I add Card Repeater to a card that needs to be repeated in 3 months, it's because I just did that task and I want it to be done again in 3 months, not next month. It's incredibly frustrating to not be able to set the specific date of the next repeat.

Like Christian Lambert likes this
Lam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2023

Hi @Sarah Jenkins - Thanks for sharing your feedback on this. I will pass on your message to our team and make sure your vote is also added to the feature request. Let me know if there's any additional context you'd like me to send their way. 

Alejandro Valdes July 7, 2023

Add my vote to this feature. Just ran into same trouble... 7/7/23 finished a task which I want to repeat every 6 months (FROM TODAY), and it automatically put next repeat for 8/1/23 and i suppose every 6 months there after.

Like Christian Lambert likes this
Christian Lambert
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 28, 2023

I would love to see the Set Start Date for the Card Repeater added as a feature.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events