Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing attachments automatically

HSSEQ Thome June 13, 2019

Is there a way to remove attachments from a Trello card automatically after copying the card to another board?

1 answer

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2019

Hi @HSSEQ Thome I am not aware of a way to do what you are describing after you have already copied the card, however you can copy the card and remove the tick box for attachments so that they are not copied with the card. Here is a link with more details:

https://help.trello.com/article/802-copying-cards-lists-or-boards

HSSEQ Thome June 16, 2019

Hi Jodi,

Thanks for the information. I have automated the card copying using butler, so I guess manual tick box removal is not an option.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2019

Thanks @HSSEQ Thome at this time I don't see a way to do it, perhaps you could put it in as a feature request: https://help.trello.com/article/724-submitting-feature-requests-for-trello

It would be very convenient and if there was a tick box to remove attachments for the full board copy, like there is for individual card copy.

Thanks,

Jodi

Adam Burnett October 2, 2019

I would also be very interested to know if this will be a feature offered in the future? 

Thanks

Adam

Jesper Ordrup July 2, 2020

+ 10

Mark Fowles July 3, 2020

+1 from me.

karl October 25, 2020

+1

Harley December 30, 2020

yes this is a needed feature, bit sure why it can be done with a manual copy but not through butler, seems silly

Like Jay Fenney likes this
TechBloom June 27, 2021

Any update on this?

Like # people like this
Lenka Schröpferova January 21, 2022

Yeah, any update for this?

We need it :) 

Mark Cronin October 9, 2023

Any update on this, would be very useful

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders