Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover a deleted card

Toralv Frøysaa Lie February 12, 2018

As an adm I have a Board for a team.

One of the members of the team with a normal (norwegian term) deleted a card in one of the lists. How is that possible? It should not be possible - right?

First he added a picture to the card - i.e. he tried to add his profile picture as a new user he added it to a card ...

During the meeting he tried and managed to remove - the picture - but at the same time the card was deleted!? It is not in the archive - I dont know how to handle this ...

In the user activity I can see a trace of this:

Mr x deleted card #17 from "Listname" last saturday at 11.29

Someone - pls advice

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2018

Hello

Any member of a board will be able to edit, move, archive and delete cards.  It's not possible to place a limitation to only allow certain users (or admins only) to delete cards.  Once a card is deleted, it's not possible to bring it back to life, it's actually deleted completely from existence.  

Toralv Frøysaa Lie February 14, 2018

Thanks for clearifying. As long as I know ...

Christopher Harris August 20, 2020

Very sad there is no recycle-bin like functionality in Jira.  Un-delete, is a fundamental product feature of software since the beginning of software and it needs to be included in Jira.  Rather than just stating fact "Yes, it's true the battery to the smoke alarm is dead", lets instead take the attitude "Oh!, let's fix that".  How about a culture of truly and deeply caring to make things better rather than being robots that can comfortable state facts about something clearly missing while possessing no impulse to fix it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events