Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Add desktop widget doesn't include board in dropdown list

Jeff Kruczynski July 20, 2020

I've created a board and am trying to use the Quick Add widget (macOS) to add cards to the board, but the new board does not show up in the dropdown list on the Quick Add widget. I've looked but can't find any settings that seem relevant to this. How can I get the board included in the dropdown list?

1 answer

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2020

Hi @Jeff Kruczynski 

Welcome to the Community!

Which version of macOS are you using?

Esme :)

Jeff Kruczynski July 20, 2020

Hi Esme - sorry, should've mentioned that. It's Catalina, 10.5.5.

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2020

No worries Jeff!

The widget, is it a Trello one or a 3rd party? I have Trello installed on my iMac and can't see a Trello widget, so I'm just wondering if it's 3rd party!

Can you let me know how you got it and I'll replicate and see if I can see the problem!

Jeff Kruczynski July 21, 2020

Sure! It's the Trello widget. When you open Preferences, there's a Quick Add Shortcut - that's what I'm referring to. The quick add shortcut opens up a dialog for entering a new card (what I'm referring to as the widget here); one item is a dropdown to select the board for the new card. That's where my new board is missing.

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 22, 2020

Hmmmmm, is it one of your boards, or someone else's that they've added you to?

When I'm inside Trello I can click File then Quick Card, is that the shortcut you're talking about? When I open preferences in Trello, it doesn't give me a widget option, to enable it. Or are you talking about macOS Preferences?

I'm intrigued as to the widget, because I can't find one and it'd be really helpful to me!

Jeff Kruczynski July 22, 2020

It's my board.

If you look in Trello->Preferences, you should see the "Quick Add Shortcut" (screen shot below). Do you not have this option?

If you then type the key combination to bring up the Quick Add shortcut, you get the widget I'm talking about (second screen shot below) (on a side note, yes, this looks like it's the same dialog that the File->Quick Card menu item opens up, which you asked about). On this dialog, you select the board that your Quick Add card is going to. My board doesn't appear in this list.

Screenshot 2020-07-22 10.39.55.pngtrello quick add.png

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2020

Aha, I see where you are now!

Ok, so do your other boards appear in the list? As in, when you click on the blue section 'Board', does it give you a list of your boards?

I only ask because I clicked on the 'board' bit and got this when I scrolled down:

Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 09.04.56.png

And there's a little arrow at the bottom because there are more!

When I first clicked on it, this is what I got:

Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 09.07.15.png

So it wasn't showing all of them, but when I scrolled down I could see all of them.

Do you have that at all? Clicking on the blue 'boards' button and scrolling?

Jeff Kruczynski July 23, 2020

Hi Esme - thank you...unfortunately, no, there's no scroll arrow. I am only a part of 10 boards including the Work board that isn't appearing (and which is the only board that I created or own - all the others belong to someone else); all the other 9 show up in the list.

I just tried creating another personal board, and it didn't show up either. That might point to my user settings being the issue here. I think we're on an Enterprise account...not sure if that would anything to do with it.

Jeff Kruczynski July 27, 2020

So...just to follow up on this: I happened to open the Quick Add widget today, and lo and behold, the Work board is now showing in the list. I have no idea why, since I haven't changed anything since last week, but am happy it's there. Thank you for looking at this!

Jeff

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events