Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about card repeater

Adrian January 4, 2022

I want to do something that seems so simple, but I think I'm doing something wrong.  I have a bunch of cards for Facebook groups.  This one has an Instagram share post on Wednesday I want to catch, this one has a YouTube share post on Friday.  So every day, I should be able to see which groups I want to visit on that particular day.  

I set up the card repeater add-on for 9:30 AM on each designated day, but it didn't put anything on the calendar and the cards are all in exactly the same order I put them in.  So, what will happen tomorrow at 9:30 when the first card triggers?  Will it send me a notification?  Move the card to the top of the stack?  Pop up on the calendar?  

Ideally, I'd like to just see it on the calendar each day

Group 1

Group 2

Group 3

And then have the cards automatically shift to the following Monday or whatever.  I thought that's how the card repeater works, but maybe I misunderstood??  

1 answer

0 votes
Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2022

Hi @Adrian!

Nathan here from the Trello Support Team, I hope you're doing okay?

The Card Repeater Power-Up will create a copy of your card and add it to the list you choose so you'll get a new card created every time the repeat schedule is reached.

Currently, in Trello, any card repeats you have setup won't be shown in the calendar unless they have a due date set on them but if you set a due date on the original card you used to set up the repeat then the due date will be copied from the original card and won't be updated. If you want these repeated cards to show in the calendar I'd suggest using a Bulter/Automation rule to add a due date to the card once it's been created. Please note, if you decide to add a due date to the cards, the repeated card won't show in your calendar until it's created on the day you chose.

You also by default you won't see a notification that the card has repeated unless you're watching the board or list that the card is added to. Here's a link with some more information on watching in Trello - https://help.trello.com/article/799-watching-cards-lists-and-boards

If you want to keep using the same card but have the due date change move forward it's been complete you could create a Butler rule that when the due date on the card is marked as complete the due date will be moved forward by however many days until you next need to complete that action and will then be marked as incomplete. This way the next time you need to complete that action will be shown in your calendar and you should receive a notification for when this due date is reached as long as you're watching the card.

Please let me know if you have any more questions on this and I'll be happy to help!

Adrian January 6, 2022

Thanks Nathan, I'll play around with it.  It just seems a bit complicated for something as basic as a repeating weekly reminder.  Maybe they can come up with a simplified method for the next update?  

Thanks for the help!  

Like Nathan Smith likes this
Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2022

No problem at all! We're always looking for ways we can improve Trello to make it easier to use and navigate, if you've got any specific suggestions on ways we could improve the Card Repeater Power-Up I'd be happy to take these and pass them on to the team for consideration!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events