Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications

DianneDarabi June 16, 2022

Just wondered if there is a method of notification when something is updated on a Trello card.  We have Google Sheet Links on our cards and agents are encouraged to update their own cards.  In order for us to check for the updates, we have to open every card.  Is there some way to notify us if/when this task has been completed?

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2022

@DianneDarabi welcome to the community! what's the process when a task is completed? is a due date checked off? is a card moved to a specific list? you can create custom email alerts with Trello automation to send you an email when those things happen. (I believe you can also use those things as triggers in Zapier to link with google sheets)

Thanks for responding.  We send a Google Sheet to agents to update roster info with a current date.  Nothing is checked off nor moved.  We just wondered if there is some kind of alert to notify us when the agent updates their spreadsheet.  Right now, we have to go into every card to verify that this is up to date and compliant.  When the agent makes a change to the sheet, can we get an alert?

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2022

@DianneDarabi so you're looking for automation within google sheets, not trello? if that's the case i'd recommend checking out zapier. they should have a trigger for when a row is updated in a google sheet, and then you could create an action to notify you however you like with one of their apps

Excellent!  I will check it out.  Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events