It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Notifications on Multiple boards

If I have multiple boards, can I still @Tag someone that is on another board within my company? I would like to have some of my people only on one board to reduce cost of billable users.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

If you mention a user who is not a member of the board, they will not receive a notification or gain access of any kind to your board. 

Once a member has been removed from all but one board, they will change from a billable Multi-Board Guest to a free Single-Board Guest. You can remove a Multi-Board Guest like a team member on the team’s member page, under the “Guests” section.

On the team’s Members page at https://trello.com/[your-team-name-here]/members —you can also navigate to your own profile and click on your team’s name there—you can click on “Guests” to view all members that currently classify as Multi-Board Guests, with a description of how many boards they’re on. You can click on that link to remove them from all but one to convert them to a Single Board Guest.

Iain Dooley Community Leader Dec 04, 2018

@Julie Borders @Blair at Atlassian I just wanted to make a clarifying point in addition to Blair's response: the billing in Trello is done by Team in a Business Class account, so even if you have a team member who is not a member of any boards, they're still billable.

You can have as many non-team members as you like as members of your boards, and you won't pay for them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,653 views 16 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you