Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Workspace vs. Guest Workspace

Michael Philips June 15, 2022

Hi,

I currently have an active workspace for my company. A contractor who has a workspace for her agency added me as a guest on her workspace so we can track updates and requests between our company and her agency.

Is it possible for me to move the cards from her Guest Workspace into one of my boards so that I don't have to have two windows up at the same time?

Also, I realized that one of the workspace members on my account shouldn't be there. She needs to be a guest. How can I do this?

Best,

Michael

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Philips June 15, 2022

Thanks so much for your quick response!

Does it make any difference that we both pay for our separate Workspaces? I feel like if we both are paying to use the service, we should be able to see each others shared boards without having to be a guest or double paying.

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2022

@Michael Philips if things are split out over different workspaces, you'll need to have two separate plans either way. Trello's pricing is set at the workspace level, not the user level. 

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2022

Hi @Michael Philips ! Welcome to the community :) It is possible to copy cards from the contractor board to your own board, but these cards won't be synced. You may want to look at mirroring the cards using a power-up like Unito. This is a paid solution but may end up paying for itself seeing as it will save you from switching between boards/manually duplicating work.

Alternatively, you could add yourself as a member to the cards you need to track, and then view all cards in "My Cards". From here, you can view all your cards from all workspaces in one consolidated view.

For your other question, in terms of changing a workspace member to a guest, you'll need to remove them from the workspace, and just deselect the option to remove them from the boards. This will mean they'll keep their access to the necessary boards, but they won't be able to access the workspace anymore (meaning they'll be turned into a guest).

remove member from ws.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events