Multiple card update

Liz Nikolic January 5, 2021

Hi All, 

Happy 2021!

Can someone guide me as to which power up will allow me to update multiple cards in one shot. I need to update the checklists and comments for several cards at the same time. 

Thanks in advance. 

-Liz

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah January 5, 2021

Hi @Liz Nikolic

Are the cards that you're looking to update copies of one another? For example, card A exists on board A, and there is a copy of this card on board B. Whenever you update a checklist item on card A, you would like the same checklist item to update on card B, and so on? 

Hi Hannah,

Thank you so much for your reply. Here is what I am looking to do in a bit more detail. I have card A and card B. Both have a checklist in them (same checklist for both). I want to be able to check off items on my checklist in card A which will automatically also carry over to card B. Same for comments. I would like to be able to add a comment in card A which will copy to card B. 

Thanks, 

Liz

Hannah January 5, 2021

Got it! Would it make sense to sync the card instead of having a completely un-related copy on another board? There are power-ups like Unito's Board Sync and Mirror that allow you to take cards from one board to another and sync them to other boards. It's a true sync, and bi-directional. You can also choose which information should sync as well (like comments, checklists, labels, dates, etc.) Happy to help with that if you need (I used to work at Unito 😁)

Thanks again Hannah. Looks like Unito is more of a mirror than what I am looking for. My cards are not mirrors of each other. They are separate project using the same checklist and completed in groups. Different cards needing updates at the same time using the same checklist. I don't think Unito is going to do it but thank you.

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2021

Ah, right I see - yes, Unito wouldn't be a good fit for that. I've never tried doing bulk updates to cards, but I definitely do remember thinking in the past that it would be great for Trello to have this feature. I did a quick search and found this extension. It's a paid extension, but it looks like you can add bulk comments, and checklists (not sure about updating the completion of check-items though).

This one here exposes the checklist on the front of the card so you can update them easier. 

Hope that helps!!

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2021

Hi Vero, 

Thank you so much for your reply. I did check this power up out however, I believe you can only update certain card features but not the inside of cards. Do you know if Bulk Actions allows for updates to card checklists and comments?

Thanks, 

Liz

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events