Moved Cards and Now I'm Receiving Notifications

Justin Eshelman January 13, 2020

I recently moved ~100 cards from Board A to Board B, and now I'm getting due date notifications for all of those cards. The problem is that they are not my cards, meaning, I have nothing to do with them and have no reason to get notifications for them. They are my teammates cards. I was simply tasked with moving them from Board A to Board B

I am not Joined to any of those cards as a member. I am not Watching any of the cards. I also have not commented on any of them. Yet, I am receiving notifications for them and I don't know how to make it stop. 

I've attached a screenshot showing an example of one of these cards. As you can see, the only connection I have to the card is from moving it from one board to another (both boards have a "Backlog" column). 

Any help or insight you could provide would be great! 

Thank You,notifications_example_1.jpgnotifications_example_2.jpg

1 answer

1 vote
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2020

Hi @Justin Eshelman 

Are you watching Board B (as in the whole board)?

If you're watching the whole board you could get notifications for each card that's on it, might be worth checking that out?

Go to:

• Show menu
  • More
  • See if there is a little tick next to 'watch' - if there is, you're watching the board, simply click that option and you'll un-watch the board

Hope this helps

Esme :)

Justin Eshelman January 14, 2020

Hi @Esme Crutchley,

Thank you for your response!

I have just checked to see if I am watching the board and can confirm that I have not selected to watch it. 

Trello_menu_example.jpg

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2020

Hi @Justin Eshelman 

Well isn't that odd!

Ok, so, the process of elimination here!

Are you watching the list that the cards are in? If there is a little eye at the top of the list, then anything that happens within that list, regardless of if you're watching the individual cards or board will ping a notification to you.

Screenshot 2020-01-19 at 21.42.01.png

If you can't see the eye, click on the 3 dots and see if 'watch' is ticked:

Screenshot 2020-01-19 at 21.43.23.png

Could you have a look and see if that's what is causing the problem?

If not, we'll carry on trying to work out what it's playing at!

Justin Eshelman January 20, 2020

Hi Esme,

I just checked all of the lists on the board, and I'm not watching any of them. Good idea though! I didn't think to check that. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the cause. 

list_screenshots.jpg

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2020

Hi @Justin Eshelman 

Hmmmmm, I'm totally stumped!

Give me a few days, I'll have an ask around and see what I'm missing!

Any money it's going to be something obvious!

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2020

Hi @Justin Eshelman 

I've had a word around and we think it might be a bug. 

Can you go to Trello's Contact Page and then select 'Ask Trello Support' (not the community because we're all drawing a blank!).

Then in the 'topic' you can select 'I think I found a bug' which should tell them what you think it is.

You can then add in your board URL and even the URL to this question in the 'how can we help' section and even copy and paste the original question you asked the Community and someone from Trello Support should be able to help you.

Sorry we couldn't get it sorted for you :(

Justin Eshelman January 21, 2020

Thanks Esme! Just submitted a ticket this morning so hopefully I'll hear back soon. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events