Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move multiple cards to new dashboard

Mary Ann Baker February 11, 2019

I need to move 30 cards from one dashboard to a new dashboard that I created specifically for this project.  Can you share with me how to do this without moving each card one by one.  Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2019

Hi @Mary Ann Baker you can put all cards in a list, and then that list to the destination board. Once all 30 cards are in one list you can click on the three dots in the list header (right corner) and the menu will open up. You can then choose ""Move List" and choose the new board you want the cards to be part of. 

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,

Jodi

Can you tell me how to create a list?  Thanks

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2019

Hi @Mary Ann Baker You can add a list to a board by clicking the "Add a list..." button next to the rightmost list on the board. You can also add a list by double-clicking any open space on the board.

Here is a link with more info:

https://help.trello.com/article/744-adding-lists-to-a-board

Let me know if this helps,

Thanks,

Jodi

I am not able to create a new list since I'm assuming there is a security restriction in place.  I want to confirm that I'm understanding this correctly before I reach out to the admin to allow me to create a new list. 

Are the Kanban boards built off the Trello tool?  What I am trying to do is move 30 cards from our global co. Kanban board to a new Project based Kanban board.  If so, I should request to have the admin unlock the ability to create a list.  Then move the cards I want to move in that list. Then finally click on the three dots in the list header (right corner) and the menu will open up to move the entire list to the new Kanban board?  Please confirm the above steps.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2019

Hi Mary Anne,  I see that your question was tagged Trello, but I am unsure what you are using for your kanban board since you asked the question on whether or not they are building using trello tool.

If it is Trello you are using, please scroll halfway down this article for moving lists in Trello.

https://help.trello.com/article/806-moving-cards-or-lists

"You can also move lists to other boards from the list's menu. Click on the current board to select the new target board or adjust the list position by clicking on 'Position'"

This may make it easier to share with your IT to let them know what you would like to do in Trello.

Hope this helps.

Jodi

My mistake the initial support ticket auto tagged Trello instead of JIRA.  We can close this issue. Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events