Missing search bar and filter button

xellieza May 17, 2019

Since yesterday, there is no search bar and filter button available in the right hand menu anymore. I have seen other posts where people are missing the filter function, but the complete search bar is missing when I enter the Trello dashboards:

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2019

@xellieza I think you had meant to include a screenshot but I can't see it above.

The filter function is still there, it's just called "Search Cards" in some people's interfaces as Trello is running an experiment for that. The functionality hasn't changed though.

xellieza May 20, 2019

Hi, in Parallel I also write a direct email to your support email, and go this answer from Chris:

"Hey Yzelle,

Thanks for writing us about Trello!

The issue you refer to is a known issue with the current version of Trello and something we're looking to fix very soon. In the meantime, you can open your boards filter by using the hotkey 'f' while you have the board open.

Thanks for reporting it. A fix will be out before you know it!

All the best,

Chris
The Trello Team"

I therefore am confused. I have taken the advice from chris and CAN still use filters when I use the hotkey, but it seems that there is something that needs fixing...

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2019

@xellieza oh right, btw I don't work for Trello so it's not my support email, but rather "their" support email ;)

At any rate it seems there are simultaneously two problems:

1) Trello started an experiment which changed the name of the "filter" function to "search" for some users and;

2) For some people the option disappeared altogether

Item 2) appears to have been unintended, item 1) was intended. I didn't realise 2) was a thing, thanks for clarifying.

xellieza May 20, 2019

Hi @Iain Dooley ,

thanks for the prompt reply. In any case, I can access the filter function using the hotkey, and will then await the fix that Trello has planned.

Your are welcome to close this ticket if you wish.

Thanks,

Yzelle

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events