Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost ability to assign checklist tasks when I bought a subscription

Jeffrey Bacon April 8, 2021

I used a free 14 day trial of Trello Business Class, but, now that I've paid to continue with the service, I was no longer able to assign checklist tasks to individuals. I get a window telling me to upgrade when I try to do so. How can I get the full Business Class features back? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2021

Hi Jeffrey,

All Business Class features are disabled at the end of the trial period, if you need the features back on your Trello board I'd recommend considering upgrading your Trello to Business Class. 

I use it on a day to day basis so if you have any questions or want to know if it's worth upgrading then ask away :)

All the best,

Laura

Jeffrey Bacon April 9, 2021

As noted in my original statement ("now that I've paid to continue with the service"), I do have a paid subscription. My account says, "1 Trello Gold license." Perhaps this is different from the Trello Business Class that I thought that I was subscribing to? If so, how do I switch my account over?

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2021

So sorry, I managed to miss that bit! Okay so I think we've got to the bottom of it, Trello Gold is slightly different to Business Class.

• Trello Gold is a plan for individual users to add features to their free plan. It includes a bigger 250MB limit per file attachment and up to 3 Power-Ups per board.
  • Trello Business Class is a shared space for teams. They can collaborate, communicate, and share information more securely due to its additional privacy controls and other administrative tools. It is ideal for businesses that want greater control of their boards and data.
  • Trello Gold is for personal accounts, and Trello Business Class is team based. There's not a way to upgrade from Gold to Business Class for a pro-rated fee.

To switch the account over it gets a bit trickier. 

In Trello's FAQ's they say to upgrade to Business Class you'll need to create a team and then upgrade that team. However, you don't want to be paying double. What I'd recommend is writing to the support team- as they should hopefully refund the Gold so you can create a team and upgrade to Business Class. 

Jeffrey Bacon April 12, 2021

I have not heard back from Trello Customer support. Is there a way that I can just cancel my Gold subscription?

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2021

You can cancel it in a way to stop any further payments from going out but to see about a refund in order to upgrade to Business Class this will need to go through Trello's support team.

0 votes
Jeffrey Bacon April 12, 2021

They've not responded to me except to send me a survey about my satisfaction with customer service. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2021

That's strange, they're normally quite good at responding. I'd suggest submitting another support ticket just in case - they usually get back to you within 48 hours. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events