It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there any way to complete a card that is on repeat? Edited

Is there any way to complete a card that is on repeat? For example if I have a daily to-do item and I have completed that item I can market it complete?

1 answer

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Dec 19, 2018

Hi @Lance Dengate I have used the card repeater power-up in the past for daily tasks and completed and archived the card each day, and then a new occurrence arrived the next day. Is that what you are referring to?

Thanks,

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Dec 19, 2018

Here is a great blog post on the card repeater power-up. You will see the checklist in the weekly workout example, how they completed the checklists each week.

https://blog.trello.com/trello-card-repeater

@Jodi LeBlanc So as I archived a card that was a completed and the card was on repeat. It never showed back up for today’s tasks.

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Dec 20, 2018

Did the card show up yet? What time did you set it to repeat each day?

They were set for different times during the day. When I archived the card it never came back today.

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Dec 20, 2018

Thanks Lance, I will ask some users on Trello slack to see if they have any suggestions on this. When I used it I archived it every day and it kept coming back day after day. I actually had a hard time getting rid of it when I no longer wanted it to repeat.

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Dec 21, 2018

Hi Lance, it says in the Trello Blog that archiving the card will not stop it from repeating. Only deleting a card, moving it to another board, or canceling the repeat on the original card will stop it from repeating. Do you happen to delete it by chance, I know you said you archived it but wanted to be sure as I am at a loss on why your card didn't come back.

https://help.trello.com/article/1068-using-the-card-repeater-power-up

Thanks for your patience Lance.

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Dec 27, 2018

Hi @Lance Dengate any news on this issue, did you try archiving with any other daily repeating cards?

Thanks,

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Jan 02, 2019

Hi @Lance Dengate Happy New Year! Is the card repeater powerup working for you now?
Thanks,

Jodi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,613 views 15 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you