Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is there an easy way to track the repeat schedule of repeating cards with the Card Repeater power-up

I have a list of almost 100 cards that repeat to different lists in my board with varying frequencies and I want to keep track of how often they are scheduled to repeat and when. Is there an easy way to do it besides for manually going in to each card and writing down the details (Card X- monthly on the 15th of the month, Card y-weekly on Mondays and Thursdays, etc.) ?

1 answer

@Yehuda Zutler 

A repeated card or a card which is a copy of another has an attribute called {sourceCard}. Unfortunately it is not expose as a card variable when I last checked.

It can be used in a number of ways tracked the copied card or to automate changes through them. The initial building of a checklist of cards with the same {sourceCard} would be via the http request but there after you should be able use the standard automation to do what you want on the board. 

here’s an example of what I did :

https://trello.com/c/1JfF1AZE

I hate to sound stupid but I totally dont understand the solution.  Can you explain it in plain english for this dumb guy right here ;-) ?

@Yehuda Zutler 

In simple English you will probably have to document your repeaters. Check out dashboard view, DashCard or the new reports offer some help to understand your board better. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,304 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you