Is there a way to search custom fields across boards?

So, if I set a custom field of Priority in all my boards and set it for NOW, SOON, SOMEDAY, is there then a way for me to search that custom field setting across all boards?   I understand I could use labels for this, but my labels are currently used for something else.  Any thoughts?

2 answers

0 votes
Devon Henderson Community Champion May 01, 2018

Hi Tony!

Unfortunately, Custom Fields aren't searchable at this time. This is one of the most requested features, though, and I always encourage everyone to ask for it — every voice counts! You can also send your request straight to Trello staff by emailing it to feature-ideas@trello.com. 

For now, sadly, the best option is to use Labels. Perhaps you could use the invisible label? It has all of the features of normal labels, except it's, well, invisible and doesn't show on the front of your cards.

I wish I had a better answer for you, Tony. Please let me know if I can help you in any other way!

Devon

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

132 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you