Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to search custom fields across boards?

Tony May 1, 2018

So, if I set a custom field of Priority in all my boards and set it for NOW, SOON, SOMEDAY, is there then a way for me to search that custom field setting across all boards?   I understand I could use labels for this, but my labels are currently used for something else.  Any thoughts?

2 answers

0 votes
Tony May 3, 2018

Thanks!

0 votes
Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2018

Hi Tony!

Unfortunately, Custom Fields aren't searchable at this time. This is one of the most requested features, though, and I always encourage everyone to ask for it — every voice counts! You can also send your request straight to Trello staff by emailing it to feature-ideas@trello.com. 

For now, sadly, the best option is to use Labels. Perhaps you could use the invisible label? It has all of the features of normal labels, except it's, well, invisible and doesn't show on the front of your cards.

I wish I had a better answer for you, Tony. Please let me know if I can help you in any other way!

Devon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events