Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to only get notifications for @ mentions?

David Smith May 4, 2022

I love Trello and am a member of many many boards which is great for organizing the work, however I receive so many notifications that are not useful since they do not require me to take any action that it makes the notification system worthless to me since I only really care about card changes that need my involvement - but those are impossible to find since I receive notifications about trivial things. I have already disabled the email notifications and am only using the desktop notifications and clicking on the bell when I come to the site, but that does not filter out things like card moves or card updates.

So long story short, Is there a way to customize Notifications so I only get notified if someone directly @ mentions me in the comments of a card?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2022

Hi @David Smith ! Welcome to the community :) Trello notifications aren't customizable; it's either all or nothing at the moment. It is possible to unwatch cards so you no longer get notified of card changes, but you'll still be notified the next time someone adds you as a member of a card for example.

As a workaround, you could look at turning off notifications altogether, and setting up a custom notification using butler automation. The notification could be sent by email or Slack. The rule could look something like this:

when I am mentioned in a comment on a card, send an email notification to "hannah@simplaworkflows.com" with subject "New Trello @mention" and message "{fullname} mentioned you in {cardname}.\n\n\"[{mentiontext}]({{commentlink}})\""

Then, enable this on the boards you want to be notified from.

David Smith May 5, 2022

Thank you for helping out. I will look into automations to work around it. I am a big fan of the product and I hope this gets added someday.

Dvir Ginzburg September 26, 2022

I agree with David.
Having the option to only get notifications on mentions is essential. Currently, I'm swamped. Thus I disabled the notifications altogether.

Thanks!

Edit: I followed your recommendation, and it is amazingly easy and works exactly as I wanted.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events