Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to create custom dropdown field with multi-selection ?

Dhananjay_Talekar April 9, 2024

Is there a way to create custom dropdown field with multi-selection ?

We have a case where Sales team raises POC requests with different modules.
Any request can have any combination of those modules (one, some, all).
Modules come from fixed list. And the number of modules is high, so I cannot create dropdown with all those combinations.

Can you provide multi-select option in dropdown ?

I also tried creating checkboxes custom field. It is not letting me add any items to it ! And there is no example that shows how to do it.

2 answers

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2024

Hi @Dhananjay_Talekar 

I don't believe there is a native multi-select dropdown custom field, only single-select.

The checkbox field is also singular as far as I know - rather than multi-select (unlike the "checklists" function you get on a card view - which could be an option?)

---

Outside of this, you'll need to consider a power-up - I'd check out options like Amazing Fields or another option from the Marketplace

Ste

0 votes
Klaudia Schön_Deviniti_ April 9, 2024

Hi @Dhananjay_Talekar

I believe that you may achieve this use case using on of the apps we provide at Deviniti - to be more specific - Extension for JSM

Thanks to this app, you may set up dependencies between fields or modules and show only content you need in this specific context, for example:

I strongly encourage you to take a look at our clickable demo of this app: https://deviniti.storylane.io/share/6xbylsfiy8od and verify whether it meets your expectations. 

In case if you'd like to see a live demo of this app, you may also book a demo with our team: https://calendly.com/deviniti/45min?back=1 - we'd be glad to discuss your requirements and use case.

Best regards,
Klaudia

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events